Sunday, April 4, 2010

Fooled?

A couple of years ago I pulled the best April fool’s joke on my kids – inspired by my own grade 5 teacher. This year, I had nothing. Kids in my class came to school asking if they were going to write the test. Many of these kids are siblings to those who I pranked in 2008. No way am I using that test again for at least 5 years (or if I change schools).
This year, however, my kids thought they got me good. I played along. Here’s what went down.
After the bell rang after lunch for the kids to go outside, my principal got on the announcements with an angry voice telling me to come to the office asap. I finished getting the supplies I needed and headed down to the office. On my way there I heard giggling and shh-ing, so I knew my kids were up to something. My principal called me into her office and slammed the door. I caught a glimpse of one of my boys underneath her table. She proceeded to tell me that she has had so many complaints about my teaching and that she had no other choice but to fire me. You’re fired! Being a terrible actress that I am, I gasped and said “oh no”. Luckily I didn’t have to keep up the act because my ENTIRE class started laughing and got out from under the principal’s desk. How all of my students fit underneath the desk and were so quiet, I’ll never know. They were so proud of themselves though. I let them believe that they really got me.
They are so funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment